mediaSERVER, private Digital Signage server
it’s your network, it’s your server
mediaSERVER – is a robust solution capable of running a network of over 1000+ SignagePlayers via private LAN, WAN, VPN or over the Web.
The mediaSERVER – an affordable, self-hosted digital Signage solution for medium to large size networks. Simply purchase the mediaSERVER appliance, plug it to your network, go through the general setup guide and start managing your Digital Signage network of SignagePlayers. Order online - Ships worldwide.
the server reaches a new low - in a good way
the mediaSERVER – an unbeatable price with a flexible licensing model.
The mediaSERVER is sold for a one time cost. In addition you will want to get the total number of licenses to accommodate your entire Digital Signage network. Each license accounts for one PC running the SignagePlayer application and powering one or more screens. The cost per license is reflective of the total number of licenses purchased at one time.
The mediaSERVER Appliance is a small form factor Plug and Play Digital Signage server. The Appliance is pre-loaded with Windows 2016 64 bit server and license.
Manage your Signage network from anywhere
The mediaSERVER is designed to deliver uninterrupted service to thousands of concurrently connected Digital Signage and Kiosk screens. Managing a privately hosted mediaSERVER, delivers the a security level and independence from MediaSignage that many companies often require. And while the SaaS model is more affordable, when it comes to true ownership and management over your network, nothing beats a privately hosted mediaSERVER solution.
- No recurring monthly fees
- Manage the mediaSERVER in your trusted domain
- Independence from the MediaSignage farm
- Stream sensitive media file and data over LAN, VPN, WAN or the Web
- Set your own downtime and maintenance schedule
- Receive quarterly software updates and support.
The features you love from the cloud, in a private server
A privately hosted server solution allows you full access to all the features you fell in love with in our software as a service (SaaS) model. You get full access to the SignagePlayer Web and Desktop versions, SignageStudio Web and Desktop versions as well as to the Enterprise Studio; but now all the applications will access your hosted server for both management and presentation playback.
- Same software as the mediaCLOUD Enterprise edition
- Manage unlimited number of accounts
- Run over thousands of SignagePlayers concurrently
- Self contained Player that is truly a Plug and Play
- Receive live Server and player updates
- Get direct access to the back end including database and web services
- Collect and manage server and player statistics
- Works across the LAN / VPN / WAN and over the web
- Optimized OS and web services to deliver the best possible throughput
Server support and installation
Web management is an integral part of the mediaSERVER. You can access all of your managed accounts through the Admin control panel. The Admin control panel really shines when having to manage hundreds of remote SignagePlayers; all with a single utility.
- Full access to both the Enterprise Studio and SignageStudio
- Admin panel single point management
- Collect live SignagePlayer stats including socket and polling
- Collect live Server stats including logs and reports
- Direct access to all the Windows management tools
- Remote desktop server management
- Signage service management tools
As part of the service level agreement ** you receive unlimited support to all the MediaSignage suit of products including the mediaSERVER. This means that you can deploy any size installation knowing that you have a solid support team behind you.
The mediaSERVER is commonly co hosted within the premises of an internet service provider and so it was designed to accommodate a flexible installation model. Focused on delivering the most reliable digital signage server, and to ensure our product`s performance meets our high standards, every mediaSERVER server undergoes thorough testing before it leaves the factory.
** SLA purchased annually - see pricing section for more details
Always up-to-date, always new features and enhancements
The mediaSERVER includes a sophisticated, fully automated update mechanism for all aspects of the system. This includes web services, database, web server, Flash modules, SignageStudio and SignagePlayer. As part of the SLA, you will continue and enjoy new features and enhancements that roll out to your network. And of course, you have full control over when, and how these updates are performed.
We care about security more than you
The mediaSERVER was built first and for most to serve our SaaS businesses model, and so security was designed directly onto the core product. All content is certified and client authentication goes through an elaborate RSA public / private key authentication process to protect your content wherever it may be.
- RSA Public / Private authentication scheme
- SSL Web services
- Multi level user management control
- SignagePlayers designed to work within a firewall secured environment
- Admin server login access console
- Private mediaSERVER / SignagePlayer authentication schema
- Signage service management tools
Hardware and Software details
- OS: Windows 2016 Server 64 bit US English version and latest service packs (clean OS)
- Internet Information Server 7.0 / 7.5 (clean install / not configured)
- Intel Quad Core2 or better (recommended Intel Quad core)
- Hard disk 500+ GB (recommended 1TB for extra media storage)2GB DDR Memory (recommended 4GB DDR3)
- Requires 3 IP addresses (IP must be static internet accessible if you plan to access the server over the web)
- Requires 3 prefixed domains (i.e.: master.yourdomain.com business.yourdomain.com socket.yourdomain.com)
- Optional: mediaADNET access and related features require a daily periodical access to the internet (sync with the global adnet network)
The mediaSERVER Hybrid edition - it’s like the mediaCLOUD and mediaSERVER had a baby
MediaSignage also offers the mediaSERVER Hybrid edition, a private hosted server managed by us. With the Hybrid edition we (MediaSignage) host, manage and support your mediaSERVER, while providing you UNLIMITED SignagePlayer licenses, all for a one low monthly fee.
In other words, with the mediaSERVER Hybrid edition you do not pay per license / player (it’s like the FREE mediaCLOUD) but still get to own your dedicated private server (like the mediaSERVER). You don’t have to worry about management or maintenance, we do it all for you.
You get a dedicated mediaSERVER that does not share its resources (bandwidth / storage) with the rest of our worldwide user base.
The mediaSERVER Hybrid edition gives you the peace of mind you need, knowing that at anytime you can convert the Hybrid server to a truly privately hosted server. Often business investors require that you own all aspects of your organization including software and hardware; the mediaSERVER Hybrid edition allows you to satisfy that requirement while keeping your investment money in the bank .
To learn more about the mediaSERVER Hybrid edition be sure to contact our support team.
The mediaSERVER+ edition - an open source flavour of the mediaSERVER
The mediaSERVER+ can be purchased as a private mediaSERVER or leased as a mediaSERVER Hybrid. The mediaSERVER+ is an identical product as the standard mediaSERVER versions, with one important difference, the Microsoft C# source code is exposed and entirely editable; compared to non-plus versions where the code is obfuscated.
The mediaSERVER+ adds transparency which is often required by Government agencies and large Companies, and provide the confidence level administrators often need in order to adopt 3rd party server solutions.
The mediaSERVER+ (private and hybrid) are available under a private license agreement which must be notarized by the buyer and submitted for approval to MediaSignage. Be sure to contact MediaSignage representatives for pricing and availability on mediaSERVER+ products.